Washington Family Law Attorney & DC Divorce Attorney Helping Clients Resolve Marital & Family Issues
Fair and equitable outcomes
The attorneys at Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, PC know from years of experience that while divorces are the legal end to marriage, they amount to so much more.
Divorces are charged with the intense emotional issues that led the parties to seek an end to their marriage. They can be very contentious. They are very complicated because of the multiple life-altering decisions that must be made.
Our goal is to obtain outcomes that are fair and equitable according to our clients’ specific circumstances and needs. We seek to enable the parties, especially when children are involved, to move through the divorce process and get on to the next phase of their lives.
Helping you make critical decisions
Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, PC lawyers are skilled at helping those in the divorce process make decisions regarding the many times intertwined short and long-term issues of—
- Support payments: by one spouse to the other, which are commonly referred to as alimony, maintenance, and spousal support
- Property distribution: fair valuation and equitable distribution of all property and arrangements for the properly allocated debt payments
- Child custody, visitation, and support: agreed–to measures that assure the obligations involved with caring for the financial and emotional needs of children are met
- Tax consequences, insurance policies, and other benefits: those eligible for allocation and future distribution
Caring and focused
We provide counsel and advocacy focused on our clients' needs:
- The need for emotional support
- The stress of providing for their families while making critical decisions about the future
- The degree they wish to contest in court or negotiate the details of their divorce
We have been recognized by our clients, and peers in the legal community for our handling of various divorce actions including—
- Uncontested: the couples by themselves, or with help from a mediator, attorney or other third party, reach agreement on a path forward (See also "Alternate Dispute Resolution")
- Contested divorce: a judge makes binding rulings on these subject areas
Personal matters deserve personal attention
At Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, PC, we know that there are few things in life more personal or life-changing than the dissolution of a marriage. Experienced representation is your best way to ensure you are treated fairly in what can be a chaotic and heated process. With our law firm on your side, your case will receive the personal attention it deserves.
Serving family law clients in Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, PC provides comprehensive family law services to clients in the District of Columbia, Prince George's and Montgomery counties in Maryland, and Fairfax, Arlington and Alexandria counties in Virginia. Call us today at (202) 331-7522 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss your concerns.