Washington, D.C. Family Law Firm Provides Exceptional Service
Our knowledge and experience produce favorable outcomes
Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, P.C. has been committed to helping clients in Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia with family and personal legal matters for more than 40 years. Our attorneys are experienced litigators, skilled negotiators, and trained mediators. We are active in the legal community and have been repeatedly acknowledged as some of the region’s best lawyers.
Recognized among the D.C. metro area’s top attorneys
When you seek representation to handle crucial family legal matters, it’s important to evaluate an attorney or law firm based on experience and reputation. In recent years, the attorneys at KSFM have earned numerous distinctions and accolades for exceptional legal service, including the following:
- Membership in the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- All four principals in the firm, Armin U. Kuder, Paul R. Smollar, Susan M. Friedman and Theresa M. Mihalik have been included in The Best Lawyers in America.
- Theresa M. Mihalik and Susan M. Friedman have been recognized by Super Lawyers as two of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in the area.
- Armin U. Kuder and Paul R. Smollar have been recognized by Super Lawyers as two of the region’s Top 100 Lawyers.
- Paul R. Smollar has been recognized by Super Lawyers as one of the top 10 lawyers in the D.C. region for 2012.
- Paul R. Smollar was named Lawyer of the Year in The Best Lawyers in America in 2012 in the Washington, DC and Baltimore area for Collaborative Law.
- U.S. News and World Report recognized KSFM as a Tier 1, Family Law Firm 2011-2012 in Washington DC.
Despite our numerous accomplishments, we take the most pride in consistently delivering quality representation to families struggling with legal issues that deeply affect their lives. With our help, clients resolve matters productively while maintaining focus on a positive future.
Respected in the legal community for our wealth of knowledge
KSFM attorneys are widely regarded for our extensive legal knowledge and unparalleled professional conduct. Furthermore, we constantly participate in and contribute to the legal community:
- Armin U. Kuder, Theresa M. Mihalik, Michelle L. Locey and Marcia B.F. Kuntz have served as adjunct professors at D.C. law schools.
- Our attorneys include trained arbitrators, mediators and collaborative law practitioners.
- We have served as presenters for continuing legal education programs, courses and seminars throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Theresa M. Mihalik, Christopher Locey, and Rebekah J.H. Sullivan served as judicial law clerks before joining the firm.
Our attorneys are also active in the District of Columbia Bar, the Montgomery County, Maryland Bar and the Virginia State Bar associations, and many have served on multiple bar committees and task forces.
Achieving clients’ goals on an array of family legal issues
If a legal issue affects your private life, the attorneys of KSFM have probably handled cases in that practice area. For more than four decades, clients have trusted us to represent them in a wide range of family law and divorce matters, such as those related to children and property. As the law has evolved to include nontraditional unions and family structures, KFSM has welcomed gay and lesbian clients and advised on countless LGBT legal issues.
Though we are aggressive litigators when necessary, we also employ effective alternative dispute resolution methods when clients are open to creating lasting settlement agreements. Dedicated to helping families, our law firm also assists clients with a variety of estate planning and probate issues.
Choose a reliable family law firm in the D.C. metro area with experience handling any matter
You deserve exceptional representation as you deal with your family legal dispute or other issue. At Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik, P.C., our attorneys provide comprehensive family law services for clients located in the District of Columbia, Prince George's and Montgomery counties in Maryland and Fairfax, Arlington and Alexandria counties in Virginia. To schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer or learn more about our services, call (202) 331-7522 today or contact the firm online.